17 May 2012

The Man of Steel

While most of you do not know this man that I met during my travels, he immediately made an impression on me, was bluntly honest and I have the utmost respect for him.  For most of you, you know once you're in my inner circle, you're there for life and are considered family, but I don't think he knew this.  I won't go into the details as to why he's there as it's only important to me but I wanted to extend to you all that I feel like I've lost a person who I let in close to me (because that rarely happens), even if I knew him for a short period of time... he's someone you would have loved to have known.  He was a force to reckoned with, a lover of life.  One of the funniest men I've ever met and had such an honest and observant soul. While he had given me lots of great observant compliments, he also said that that I was condescending and sometimes a bitch but he loved that about me, I loved him ever since.  I only love people that are truly and respectfully honest with me and there are very few of you that I respect for being true to me.

Ever since I learned of his death this morning, I've been non-stop crying.  Part of me is trying to figure out why as I've only briefly knew him but somewhere deep down inside, I love this man and I wish that I had told him all the different emotions that I'm going through right now.  I had mother hen'd him.  Some of you know what that is and I don't take it lightly.  More like Mama Bear being Mama Hen.  He had gone through a lot physically since I last saw him.  But, he'd probably laugh at me and tell me "Buffalo!!" (only those who've been on the Halong tour will know what this is) while I drink my margarita while writing this trying to numb the pain.  I wish I knew him better.  I think you all would have liked him too.  I have amazing friends.  You would have welcomed him into your hearts just as easily as I did.  And he wouldn't have even known it.  Or maybe he would have.  He was pretty insightful.  He would have loved you all too.

Now I'm mourning the loss of someone that I barely know like he's somebody that I've know for ages.  But I felt like I really knew him.

His name is Dustin Steel.  He has an awesome name, like a super hero.  But he was more awesome than a super hero.  I hope to run into him again one day.  I'd like to know him again sometime down this crazy journey I'm on called Life...

2 Comments:

At May 24, 2012 at 2:07 AM , Blogger Robin said...

I'm feeling the same way about him, in my own way. Like you, I dont know anyone else who knew him, but he touched my life deeply. This man was an angel, sent here to teach me what I needed and you what you needed to learn from him. Please know that there are others out there who share your grief - and also feel as though they are alone in it, but we are not alone because he touched so many lives. I'm sending you my love - look up at the sky and know that I am doing the same, and that Dustin is looking down on us and laughing at our silliness, because he knows that he hasn't left us at all. He's still here, every bit of him... Just in a less organized form than before. May peace be with you as you grieve, love xoxo

 
At June 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM , Blogger April said...

Thank you... and you as well. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home